Skillful, dedicated, design leader and manager with extensive experience in design, photography, web, print and cost reduction; well-positioned to excel in the graphics field.
• Packaging/Substrates: Well-versed in physical structure testing, performance testing and visual overall aesthetics, pinpointing key metrics and trends; knowledgeable in legal and ethical requirements of packaging usage. Provide results-oriented data analysis, demonstrating exemplary acumen in administration and evaluation of financial reduction, productivity, and optimization.
• Print: Broad knowledge of all types of print procedures leveraged to develop procedural processes, which dramatically improve time, cost and quality. Combine extensive experience in packaging and print management roles with relevant education to support efficient, compliant delivery.
• Photography: In depth knowledge of photoshoots in house and on location, strong photographer skills, photoshop certified.
• Design: Strong designer. Ability to multitask. Efficient from concept to creation.
• Web: Firm knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, UI experience, research and development initiatives.
• Leadership & Training: Exceptional leader, directing team / administrative staff and collaborating successfully across units. Talent for developing and delivering standard operating procedures, mentoring and coaching, behavioral based performance management and training for cross-functional audiences.
Art institute of Atlanta, Visual Communications, 1996 | Atlanta, GA
Certification: Professional Print Production Certification | Fundamentals of Color and Appearance | Managing Inclusion - Tools of Engagement for Managers | Leadership Skills Level I | Leadership Skills Level II | Coaching and Mentoring Skills | Behavioral Based Performance Management | Applied Color Theory | Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Fireworks certifications | Member of National Associations of Photoshop Professionals since 2009
Newell Rubbermaid – Atlanta, GA
Studio Manager, 2002 to Present
Serve as team lead for studio and technical leader for cross function groups; supervise photoshoots and provide updates for leadership, from substrate concerns to print approval. Contribute to cost-effective outcomes by leveraging superior standard operating procedures to develop scorecards, processes and strategies. Provide group and individual training for direct reports and cross-functional team, including ongoing coaching, mentoring, and performance management.
• Serve as project manager for special initiatives and site-wide efforts, collectively delivering multimillion-dollar cost-savings; projects include in house photo studio start up and resolution of escalated case issues.
• Develop documentation for daily processes and workflows, position-specific "Job Aids" which streamline and standardize operations.
• Coordinate all aspects of packaging, liaising across vendors, sub vendors, cross functional team, leadership and external partners to perform full range of duties. Respond rapidly to emergent situations and quickly update leadership. Ensure facility and equipment readiness. Develop and present training to vendors and direct reports. Ensure compliance with confidentiality and privacy regulations.
• Travel to vendors all over the world to assess capability and in house testing.
• Created and follow brand manual that contains graphic specifications from job kick off to quality control procedures.